Wednesday 14 November 2007

Little Songbird

I was introduced to this little girl,Charice Pempengco from the Philippines by my sister.She was one of the winners (i think) from a singing competition tv show there called 'Little Big Star'.She blew me when i saw this video.Only 15 with such power in her voice.Truly amazing!But as I watched her other videos,my impression lessen 'cause it seems that she doesn't have her own singing style.But only in her mid-teens,i won't expect much from her right now.I hope in the meantime whilst exploring her teen hood,she will be able to develop and discover her own style and continue to impress people like me as she gets older.You go Charice!

Here's a video of her belting out Jennifer Hudson's 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going' from the hit movie Dreamgirls in a Korean tv show.No offense Jenifer fans (& Jennifer),I was pleased that she didn't scream at all that it wasn't annoying.Should see the reaction she got from the Korean audience.They were in so much awe haha...show 'em what you got!Ooh...and she's got awesome showmanship in this video.Wish i had that kind of confidence when i was her age!

0 comments: